In this week’s Meet the Team we chat to Richard Busfield, Estimator and Contracts Manager here at Ultimate. Read the following to find out Richard’s tactics for dealing with difficult challenges, as well as finding out about Richard’s perfect weekend…
1. Let’s start from the beginning. In brief, describe the role of your job at Ultimate and what you do?
As a contract manager I am responsible for the running of various projects once they are handed over from our sales team. It’s my responsibility to set in place health and safety, site labour, materials for site and liaise with both the client and contractors at site meetings.
2. All things considered, what type of work is most likely to spark the fire in your brain?
Seeing a project develop from start to finish and achieving both your own and the client’s expectations.
3. What incredible new invention would make your job easier and turbo charge your productivity?
A window that when you look out of it, the sun is always shining.
4. When all the hard work is over, what is the most satisfying aspect of your job at Ultimate?
Knowing that when the project is complete, all your hard work and effort is appreciated by the rest of your team and the client.
5. 5. If you could send out just one message that sums up your industry, what would you say?
A very competitive market place and you have to surpass client expectations to be remembered.
6. 6. If you could teach one lesson to your younger self about your area of work, what would it be?
Don’t be afraid to make mistakes and then learn from them.
Most likely to spark a fire in my brain? Seeing a project develop from start to finish and achieving both your own and the client’s expectations.
7. 7. When a project presents you with a difficult challenge, what is your ‘go-to’ tactic for tackling it?
Don’t dwell too long on the problem; break it down and if needed ask for help as two heads are better than one.
8. 8. Finally, at the end of a long working week, what does your perfect weekend involve?
Nothing I like better than spending time with family. Going on long walks with my dogs and granddaughter – that’s when the sunshine would, again, come in handy.
Posted June 14, 2017