Today we are going back behind the scenes to meet Holly Boocock our Sales and Marketing Assistant here at Ultimate.
1. Let’s start from the beginning. In brief, describe your role at Ultimate and what you do?
I began my career with Ultimate as an Apprentice Projects Coordinator, and I now have the position of Sales and Marketing Assistant. This includes producing quotations for both new and existing clients for furniture items they require in their workplace and then processing the orders that we receive. I liaise with both our clients and our suppliers on a day to day basis whilst working on projects and I also manage the formatting and editing of our content through our social networking pages – Twitter and LinkedIn.
2. What attracted you to Ultimate? Why did you apply for an apprenticeship with them?
I was enticed by Ultimate’s drive and passion as a company. It seemed to be – and has proven to be – a company that I love working for. I applied for my apprenticeship from having an interest in the design of a workspace and wanting to be involved in the projects the guys here are a part of and complete. I was hooked from seeing all of the blue chip companies Ultimate have carried out work for and reading through the case studies and testimonials on the impressive projects they have accomplished.
3. What type of work is most likely to spark the fire in your brain? What is your dream project?
A project that would interest me the most would definitely be something I considered as ‘different’. Something totally unique and unlike any other, which could be from the layout of the installation premises, to the furniture and technology we incorporate. Projects that embrace items which differ from your typical office furniture and have a deeper purpose are those that intrigue me.
Hard work, focus and dedication definitely sums up Ultimate as a business.
4. How would you describe the culture of Ultimate to an outsider?
Hard work, focus and dedication are three words that come to mind when defining Ultimate as a business, hence why I chose to work for them. Ultimate will at all times endeavour to solve any problem on behalf of a client, exhausting every context of research and analysis.
5. What incredible new invention would make your job easier and turbo charge your productivity?
Without a doubt, it would have to be some type of USB stick or a neuro-technological implant containing infinite terabytes of memory, including all of the experience and knowledge from the directors together with the details and specifications of all the products we use into my head!
6. When all the hard work is over, what is the most satisfying aspect of your job at Ultimate?
I love seeing a project come together. I believe being able to appreciate something that you have been involved with from start to finish, that has been successful and lead to a happy client, is the most satisfying aspect in business.
7. When you are presented with a difficult challenge, what’s your ‘go-to’ tactic for tackling it?
I like to break my work into sections. I take a step back to look from a larger point of view, and split it down into bite-size chunks which helps me to stay both focused and motivated.
8. Finally, at the end of a long working week, what does your perfect weekend involve?
Catching up with friends, spending time with family and having a long Sunday morning walk with my chocolate lab Snicker to prepare myself for the busy week ahead!
Posted February 16, 2016