Yorkshire based leading Interior Design & Build Fit Out Contractor specialising in all sectors (Office / Hotel & Leisure / Education / Healthcare) is seeking an experienced and committed Contracts Manager to join their team on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will have an understanding of wide range of construction activities including strip out, raised access floors, suspended ceilings, partitioning, joinery, decorations, flooring, mechanical & electrical installations, structured cabling and bespoke joinery activities.
Knowledge of the high expectation associated with quality interior fit-out works is essential, as is a full appreciation of the commercial influences and pressures that emulate from fast track projects of a distinctly bespoke nature.
You will be working as part of an experienced team to develop your existing skills with opportunity to improve / enhance current working practices within the Business.
Excellent communication and management skills, both internally and externally, are key to this role as is the ability to continually deliver projects on time, in a safe manner, to a high standard and with a snag free mindset.
Candidates will have financial responsibility for the delivery of all projects including procurement of all sub-contract and supplier packages, weekly cost trackers, preparation of valuation claims, final account agreement, etc, with regularly reporting to the Finance & Contracts Directors
It is expected that you will be comfortable controlling and managing a varied contract work load from a demanding industry.
The Ideal Candidate
• Relevant experience working as a Contracts Manager.
• Knowledge of Construction Industry – ideally with Fitout / Refurbishment experience.
• Experience in liaising and co-ordinating with the full project team including Clients / Design Team / Sub-Contractors / Suppliers / Site Management to support and manage the successful delivery of projects.
• Proven track record in project delivery on time / to budget.
• Strong commercial awareness including ensuring the forecasted margins are achieved or bettered.
• Excellent communication / report / interpersonal / team skills
• Fully adverse with Microsoft Excel / Word / Project / Outlook / ISO Procedures.
• Knowledge of Health & Safety Legislation and processes.
The generous package is negotiable for the right candidate (based on experience) plus opportunity for career progression within the organisation – package to include:
Profit Related Bonus Structure, Pension, Health Scheme, Laptop, Mobile Phone, Car / Allowance