Whilst office relocation can refresh your brand identity and create an exciting opportunity to evolve, it can have a huge impact on your business. Start planning early – in order for relocation and refurbishment to be successful, larger businesses should start planning as long as 3 years before the event, and medium sized businesses 2 years in advance. It’s a long-term investment, after all.
The key points you should consider when planning are:
- Why do you need to move?
- What is the best location for you to move to?
- How much space do you need?
- When do you need to be in by?
- What key features you and/or your people need?
- Does this move allow for future changes i.e. growth plans?
- Do you lease or purchase your new location?
- If you lease, what type and length of lease do you require?
- What is your budget?