Meet the Team: David Rogers
In this week’s Meet the Team we chat to David Rogers, Senior Estimator here at Ultimate.
1. Let’s start from the beginning. In brief, describe the role of your job at Ultimate and what you do?
As Senior Estimator I am responsible for the production of fully compliant tenders on fit-out based enquiries. This includes the compilation of Scope of Works documentation, sub-contract enquiry packs and for the submission of tender bids along with fully detailed cost plans.
2. All things considered, what type of work is most likely to spark the fire in your brain? What is your dream project?
The type of project that ignites the spark is definitely one that includes all fit out elements from conceptual design right through to final project delivery encompassing all trades and associated specialist works.
3. What incredible new invention would make your job easier and turbo charge your productivity?
A ‘Star Trek’ type transportation room which would mean that I do not have to queue in traffic for hours on end (especially the M62) when visiting sites to undertake a survey or attending Client meetings.
It would be great just to say ‘energise’ and appear on site!!!!!!
4. When all the hard work is over, what is the most satisfying aspect of your job at Ultimate?
The most satisfying aspect of my job is to see the finished project knowing exactly what has gone in to it. It is extremely rewarding to see an empty space being transformed into a fully functioning one, bringing life and energy back into a building.
“It is extremely rewarding to see an empty space being transformed into a fully functioning one, bringing life and energy back into a building.”
5. If you could send out just one message that sums up your industry, what would you say?
The fit-out industry is fast track, innovative, exciting and rewarding, with ever changing design trends coupled with the introduction of new materials.
6. If you could teach one lesson to your younger self about your area of work, what would it be?
Never be afraid to ask for advice or opinions from other team members. Listen and learn, especially from the more experienced work colleagues, and always respect their points of view.
7. When a project presents you with a difficult challenge, what is your ‘go-to’ tactic for tackling it?
Establish and understand the challenge in hand, look for achievable solutions and collaborate as a team to determine the best approach to take.
8. Finally, at the end of a long working week, what does your perfect weekend involve?
Spending quality time with my wife, Josie and 2 children including fine dining, day trips out and visiting places of interest.
We particularly enjoy visiting Stately Homes & Gardens and exploring the Great British Countryside.
Posted October 25, 2018