In this week’s Meet the Team we chat to Willow-Catkins Merryweather, Project Manager in the Furniture Department here at Ultimate.
1. Let’s start from the beginning. In brief, describe the role of your job at Ultimate and what you do?
My role is to manage a project from initial quotation and ordering right through to installation and sign-off by a satisfied customer.
2. What incredible new invention would make your job easier and turbo charge your productivity?
Definitely extra memory capacity!
3. When all the hard work is over, what is the most satisfying aspect of your job at Ultimate?
Seeing pictures of the finished installation; to see something grow from a drawing on a paper to a real-life working space and to know I’ve had a part of that is brilliant.
The Ultimate team’s knowledge is second to none and a fresh pair of eyes can give a whole new perspective and a solution will present itself.
4. If you could send out just one message that sums up your industry, what would you say?
Innovate – don’t be afraid to push the boundaries to be unique.
5. If you could teach one lesson to your younger self about your area of work, what would it be?
Be bold, be confident and don’t be afraid to ask questions and listen to the wisdom of others. Communication is key.
6. When a project presents you with a difficult challenge, what is your ‘go-to’ tactic for tackling it?
Hit the collective “hive mind” of the team! Their knowledge is second to none and a fresh pair of eyes can give a whole new perspective and a solution will present itself.
7. Finally, at the end of a long working week, what does your perfect weekend involve?
Spending time with my fabulous family, walking my daft dog and indulging in some crafty pursuit that usually involves wool. I often have a gig to look forward to as well as I love music.
Posted September 13, 2017