This week’s Meet the Team is all about our Finance Director Kim Day! Her hard work and dedication has proved invaluable to the company.
1. Let’s start from the beginning. In brief, describe the role of your job at Ultimate and what you do?
Typically my role as FD at Ultimate involves the day-to-day management of cashflow, monitoring & reporting project profitability and assisting my fellow Directors with company strategy.
2. All things considered, what type of work is most likely to spark the fire in your brain? What is your dream project?
A project which is delivered on time, on budget to a happy customer. The ideal project is one which has been well planned & executed.
3. What attracted you to join the Ultimate team?
The Directors are forward thinking, ambitious and it is a company I wanted to be a part of & assist in helping the company to grow.
4. How would you describe the culture of Ultimate to an outsider?
The culture of the organisation is very open & friendly. In the 2 years I have been with Ultimate the team has grown considerably and I think the team, as it stands, is very strong & supportive of each other.
5. If you could send out just one message that sums up your industry, what would you say?
The industry is very fast paced & dynamic which keeps my role interesting and varied – no two days are the same!
6. If you could teach one lesson to your younger self about your area of work, what would it be?
Remain calm under pressure & be aware of having a sensible work life balance.
7. When you are presented with a difficult challenge, what is your ‘go-to’ tactic for tackling it?
To discuss this with my fellow Directors and I also seek advice from our external professionals who we have a good relationship with.
8. Finally, at the end of a long working week, what does your perfect weekend involve?
Spending time with my husband, Rohan and my children Niamh & Zach. If I can fit a run in too that’s an added bonus!
Posted November 24, 2015