Terms and Conditions
1. Details of the Competition
a) The competition is open to UK and Northern Ireland residents aged 18 and over. By entering this competition, entrants have an opportunity through a prize draw, in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, to win a DVD box set of The Office season 1-5.
b) Neither purchase nor a payment of any kind is necessary to enter into this competition.
c) Internet access is required to enter and data charges may apply.
d) The competition will start Monday the 30th of March and will close midnight of Monday the 6th of April. All entries will be judged manually and a winner will be selected randomly by computer software.
e) This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter. You are providing your information to the Company, not Twitter.
f) By participating in the competition all entrants agree to these Terms and Conditions. Twitter has no liability whatsoever.
2. How to Enter
a) To enter you’ll need to follow @Ultimate_Office on Twitter.
b) In order to enter, you will need to log in with your Twitter details.
c) A maximum of one entry per Twitter profile applies and bulk entries or entries from third parties, agencies or consumer groups will not be accepted.
3. Who can Enter?
a) The competition is open to UK and Northern Ireland residents aged 18 and over.
b) It excludes employees of the Promoter and their immediate families, the Promoter’s agents or anyone professionally connected to the competition.
c) The Promoter reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the selection process, attempting to set up multiple accounts, undermining the selection process or the operation of the competition, Twitter profile, or to be acting in any manner deemed by the Promoter to be in violation of these Terms and Conditions; or to be acting in any manner deemed by the Promoter to be disruptive.
4. Judging Criteria and Winners
a) There will be 1 winner in total.
b) The winner will be selected randomly by computer software from all eligible entries received before the closing date. The Prize draw will take place on Tuesday the 7th of April.
c) The winner will be announced and advised to contact Ultimate via Twitter within 24 hours of the completion of the Prize draw.
d) The winner will have up to 7 days to claim their Prize after the announcement from the Promoter has been sent. If the winner has not contacted the Promoter with this time frame, the Promoter reserves the right to reallocate the Prize to another eligible entrant.
e) The winner should allow up to 14 days for delivery of the Prize (calculated from the date that the winner responds to claim the Prize). Prizes delivered using recorded delivery.
f) The winner agrees to participate in publicity or advertising accompanying or resulting from this competition without additional remuneration.
5. General Terms and Conditions
a) If you are the winner, you may have to provide additional information (including, without limitation, proof of age or identity) and / or complete additional documents and send them to the Promoter within a specified time period. Failure to provide such additional information and / or complete such additional documents and send them to the Promoter within the required time period, or if any notification is returned as undeliverable as addressed, will result in your disqualification as a winner and an alternative winner will be selected. The name of the winner and details of the winning entry will be sent to anyone who requests the same within three (3) months of the closing date of the competition. Requests should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or competition entries and, if postal, should be accompanied by a self-addressed envelope.
b) By entering the competition you:
• Grant the Company and any third parties appointed by the Company, permission to use your name and likeness for the purpose of organising and / or managing the competition; and
• Accept that your entry will become the property of the Company upon receipt and will not be returned to you. You acknowledge and agree that the Company and its licensees have the right, free of charge, to publish your competition entry on the Company website, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, blogs, Pinterest, Instagram, Google+, press releases, and any affiliated sites.
• Waive any moral rights or similar rights you have in your competition entry whether such rights arise pursuant to the Copyright, Designs and Patent Act 1988 or equivalent legislation anywhere in the world; and Warrant and represent to the Company that your competition entry is wholly original to you and not wholly or substantially copied from any other material and that it does not defame, cause injury to or invade the privacy of or otherwise infringe or violate any statutory, common law, regulatory or intellectual property rights of any third party; and
• Your Personal Information will never be sold to external companies.
c) If you are the winner of the competition:
• The receipt by you of any Prize is conditional upon you complying with any and all applicable laws, rules and regulations including, without limitation, these Terms and Conditions; and
• You acknowledge and agree that neither the Promoter or any competition sponsor(s) or any of their employees, agents or subcontractors shall have any liability to you whatsoever in connection with your use and/or possession of your Prize, provided that nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude or limit the liability of any party for personal injury or death caused by negligence or for anything else which cannot be excluded or limited by law.
d) Neither the Promoter nor any of its agents shall be responsible or liable for:
• Any incorrect, inaccurate or faulty or failed electronic data transmissions; and/or
• Any communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilised in any aspect of the competition; or
• Any inaccessibility or unavailability of the Internet, Twitter page, or any combination thereof; and/or
• Any system failures on the Twitter app; and/or
• The failure of any third party to fulfil any of its obligations in relation to the competition, although we will always endeavour to minimize the effect of any such failure; and/or
• Any postponement or cancellation of the competition; and/or
• Any change to the Prize; and/or
• Any act or default of any third party suppliers.
e) The Promoter and or its agents reserve the right to amend at any time periods and notification dates with what is legally permissible should circumstances make this necessary or to cancel this competition before the closing date.
f) If the competition is cancelled for any reason, the Promoter shall not be held liable by virtue of that cancellation.
g) There is not cash alternative to the Prize. However the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize or any part of the Prize for a Prize equivalent or greater in monetary value should this be necessary for reasons beyond its reasonable control.
h) The Prize only includes what is expressly stated to be part of the Prize and it is non-transferable (unless otherwise agreed in writing with the Promoter).
i) If any of these terms or conditions are deemed to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, the affected term(s) or condition(s) shall be deleted from these Terms and Conditions but the remaining terms and conditions shall continue in full force and effect.
j) The Promoter’s decision is final and binding in all matters and no correspondence will be entered into.
k) This competition and disputes or claims arising out of or in connection with it shall be agreed by and construed in accordance with English Law. By entering this competition, all entrants agree that the Courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claims that arise out of or in connection with this competition.
“Company” means ULTIMATE, a company registered in England and Wales with its registered office at 22 Ryefield Business Park, Belton Road, Silsden, West Yorkshire, BD20 0EE.
“Personal Information” means, in relation to a competition entrant, any information relating to that entrant from which the entrant can be identified either by that information alone or by that information with other information which is in the possession of, or likely to come into the possession of, the Company
“Promoter” means the Company and any person or entity that controls (directly or indirectly) the Company, is controlled (directly or indirectly) by the Company or is under common control with the Company.