In today’s Meet the Team we are chatting to Warren Burnett one of our Project Managers here at Ultimate. Read on to find out what advice Warren would give to his younger self and what his dream project would bed…
1. Let’s start from the beginning. In brief, describe the role of your job at Ultimate and what you do?
My role at Ultimate is that of Project Manager, I am responsible for compiling quotations and communicating with both clients and suppliers in relation to the furniture side of the business.
2. All things considered, what type of work is most likely to spark the fire in your brain? What is your dream project?
A complete office refurbishment with all new furniture where the client is looking to create something unique in terms of office layout options or bespoke products.
3. What incredible new invention would make your job easier and turbo charge your productivity?
A handwriting interpretation machine – Names of the guilty have been withheld to protect my ears!
4. When all the hard work is over, what is the most satisfying aspect of your job at Ultimate?
Delivering a complete project to specification, within agreed timescales to a satisfied client.
No-one will tell you exactly what to do. You have to create opportunities for yourself.
5. If you could send out just one message that sums up your industry, what would you say?
Varied, ever-changing, interesting & challenging. Ultimately creating the workplaces of the future.
6. If you could teach one lesson to your younger self about your area of work, what would it be?
No-one will tell you exactly what to do. You have to create opportunities for yourself. You have to resolve issues without being told to. You must remove any doubt that you provide value.
7. When a project presents you with a difficult challenge, what is your ‘go-to’ tactic for tackling it?
Understanding and communication. Investigate and obtain a full understanding of the issue together with the required outcome. Discuss with the team at Ultimate and use the experience and knowledge within that team to create a satisfactory resolution.
8. Finally, at the end of a long working week, what does your perfect weekend involve?
Chilling out, relaxing and spending time with my family.
Posted October 5, 2016